More Than A Home Health Aide: Private Duty Nursing From Your Industry Leading Homecare Agency in Fairfax, VA
Our homecare agency can provide private duty nursing services for your loved to reduce your daily worry, and compliment the care from a home health aide
Sometimes a family caregiver or home health aide just cannot meet the increasing medical needs of a loved one. Comfort Keepers of Fairfax, VA private duty nursing specialists can help. Our specially trained private duty nursing specialists provide the home nursing services a loved one needs to stay safely at home rather than in a nursing facility or hospital. Best of all, they can compliment the non-medical personal care and companionship services of your industry leading homecare agency.
What is Private Duty Nursing?
In contrast to Comfort Keepers' traditional in-home care services, this type of nursing provides one-on-one medical care to an individual in the home or in a facility. Private duty nurses provide the higher level of care while working in tandem with the caregiver who is providing companion-homemaker services along with personal care services. Our goal is to provide the customized care needed by a client, all from one agency.Contact Us
How Our Homecare Agency Can Compliment A Home Health Aide
Our skilled home health licensed practical nurses (LPN's) and registered nurses (RN's) can perform many medical tasks and home nursing services such as the following:
- setting up medications in weekly pill boxes or automatic medication dispensing machines to help ensure medications are administered appropriately
- administering medications, such as oral and topical medications, eye and eardrops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- providing personal medical care, including nail trimming, oral cavity suctioning, and bowel supervision
- filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician-ordered sliding scale dosages, and drawing up and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- care training for family members
- supporting services of a home health aide
Comfort Keepers’ private duty nurses are available to assist clients with regularly scheduled nursing visits or hourly care for extended shifts, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our homecare agency will work closely with the client’s medical team and family to provide extended support. If you are interested in complimenting your home health aide's services with private duty nursing, contact us online or give us a call at (703) 520-2189.
Comfort Keepers of Fairfax, VA proudly provides services in the following communities:
Alexandria, Annandale, Bailey’s Crossroads, Bull Run, Burke, Centreville, Clifton, Dunn Loring, Fairfax, Fairfax Station, Falls Church, Gainesville, Groveton, Lincolnia, Manassas, Mantua, Merrifield, Springfield, Strathmeade Springs, Sudley, Tysons, Uniontown, Vienna, Wellington, West Springfield, and Woodbridge